1. Booking your Trip
- By booking into a Dance Retreat with us, you agree to the terms and conditions listed in this form.
- Your Dance Retreat is booked and a contract is formed between us on the date we accept your booking. We will accept your booking by writing to you or issuing you with an invoice.
2. Payment Policy
- The Retreat Price is stated in Australian Dollars and is listed as per person, twin share.
- To reserve a spot on a Dance Retreat, a non-refundable deposit of $500 is required. A confirmation email will be sent to your nominated email address within 48 hours upon receipt of your deposit.
- The balance of the Retreat Price must be made within 45 days of the Retreat Start Date. We will issue an invoice to you with the due date for payment. If full payment of the Retreat Price is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees stated below.
- We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your reservation if fraud or an unauthorised or illegal transaction is suspected.
- All Retreat Prices are subject to availability and may be varied because of matters outside our control including currency fluctuations and taxes and changes to accommodation and venues. Where there is any change in the costs incurred by us in providing the services under this Agreement we may vary the price or account for such change by notifying you whether or not you have made full payment.
3. Inclusions and Exclusions
- The Retreat Price includes the Inclusions listed in ‘Trip Inclusions’ on each retreat page.
- The Retreat Price does not include the items listed below. It is your responsibility to cover the costs of these items:
- your flights, Australian airport transfers, airport taxes and excess baggage charges;
- visa, passport and any other travel documents;
- travel insurance;
- meals, alcohol and activities not listed in the itinerary; and
- personal expenses.
- There is no reduction to the Retreat Price or refunds for any unused Inclusions and we do not offer credit for arriving late or leaving early.
4. Travel Insurance
- It is your responsibility to purchase adequate travel insurance for the duration of your Dance Retreat. You must satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the level of cover purchased. Whilst we strongly urge you to purchase travel insurance, Dance Retreat is not in the business of providing insurance products and cannot be held liable if your insurance leaves you exposed medically, financially or otherwise.
5. Passports, Visas and Documents
- It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid passport and to ensure you have all applicable visas, permits and certificates for your countries of travel. Entry requirements can change at any time, so it is important you check for the latest information.
- Please ensure you have adequate funds available for the duration of your Dance Retreat. Make sure you are familiar with what is included in the Retreat Price and ensure that you are able to cover any optional activities.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in good health prior to departure. If you are concerned about your health, you should consult your doctor.
- All guests must ensure they are medically and physically fit for travel and dance. We may impose safety requirements necessary for the safe operation of the Dance Retreat. We may also exclude an individual from participating in an activity if that individual’s participation poses a direct threat to health or safety.
- We recommend you contact a Travellers Medical Vaccination Centre for up to date requirements regarding vaccinations.
8. Cancellation by Us
- While we have never cancelled a Dance Retreat to date and endeavour to maintain this record, due to operational requirements or circumstances outside our control we may cancel a Dance Retreat. In such circumstances we will:
- provide you with the option of transferring your deposit and any part of the Retreat Price paid to another Dance Retreat at a future date; or
- offer you a different Retreat Leader for the same dates; or
- refund any monies paid to us by you.
- If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond our control) we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking
- We are not responsible for any expenses you may incur in preparation for any cancelled Dance Retreat such as other accommodation, airline tickets, loss of work, and/or other costs associated with preparing for your Dance Retreat.
9. Cancellation by You
- It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policy before making a reservation. Please ensure you include travel cancellation in your travel insurance policy. Depending on the policy and conditions, travel cancellation insurance may pay for some or all cancellation fees.
- You must tell us in writing if you need to cancel your Dance Retreat.
- Depending on when you cancel, cancellation fees may apply. The following cancellation fees apply to all bookings:
- If you cancel more than 45 days before the Retreat Start Date, your deposit will be forfeited;
- If you cancel between 15 and 45 days before the Retreat Start Date a cancellation fee calculated as 40% of the Retreat Price will be payable by you;
- If you cancel 14 days or less before the Retreat Start Date a cancellation fee calculated as 75% of the Retreat Price will be payable by you.
The above cancellations fees represent a genuine pre-estimate of the damages or expenses that we will sustain if the cancellation occurs within those periods.
- Due to our need to commit to accommodation and other arrangements in advance, exceptions to our policy cannot be made for any reason. This is why it is imperative to get travel insurance as soon as possible.
10. Changes to the Trip
- We reserve the right to vary any aspect of the Dance Retreat if we deem it necessary to do so due to the availability of third party vendors, weather conditions, hazardous, dangerous or otherwise adverse conditions or other circumstances out of our control. Variations may include, and are not limited to, variation to the itinerary and variations to the types of classes or services available on the Dance Retreat.
- It is your responsibility to act responsibly and take care to protect your own interests and safety. We recommend that you visit www.smarttraveller.gov.au for travel advice relating to your Dance Retreat. You should register your travel plans with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade so that you can be easily contacted in the case of an emergency. We also recommend that you take copies of your passport and other important documents with you and keep them separate from your passport. This way, if you lose a document, you can present a copy to the Australian Embassy and hasten the issue of a temporary document to you. Please note that it is your responsibility to be aware of your surroundings and exercise appropriate caution during your travels at all times.
- All minors attending a Dance Retreat must be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian.
- You acknowledge that you, and any minor you are responsible for, are voluntarily participating in the Dance Retreat and you are aware of the risks and hazards of participating in the Dance Retreat including the risk of serious injury resulting from physical activity.
- You agree to solely and exclusively assume full responsibility and liability for the risks of injury from participating in the Dance Retreat, including the risk of injury to minors. In the event that you or your minor are injured at any time during the Dance Retreat, including in transit to or form the Dance Retreat, you agree to assume all financial obligations for all medical costs and any other costs you may incur as a result of the injury.
- You unconditionally and irrevocably indemnify us against any and all injuries, damages and losses you may incur during your participation in the Dance Retreat, including but not limited to any transport, food, activities and accommodation.
- You unconditionally and irrevocably indemnify us against any and all injuries, damages and losses you may incur as a result of local laws, climatic condition, acts of God, delays and changes or cancellation of travel.
- This indemnity operates from the date of this document is signed and continues until the completion of any and or all claims arising from the Dance Retreat.
15. Use of Image Policy
- You grant to Dance Retreat the absolute and irrevocable right and unrestricted permission to use photographs and video footage in which you feature that are taken during the Dance Retreat.
- You hereby release and discharge Dance Retreat from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photographs and video footage.
Agreement means the terms and conditions contained in this documents, as amended by us from time to time.
Cancellation means not attending, postponing or rescheduling your scheduled Dance Retreat.
Dance Retreat means the retreat to be provided to the Participant by Bali Dance Retreat Pty Ltd (ACN 629 326 478) between the Retreat Start Date and Retreat End Date.
Retreat End Date means the date specified on each Retreat Schedule.
Retreat Price means the price specified on each Retreat Schedule.
Retreat Start Date means the date specified on each Retreat Schedule.